If your phone isn’t working properly, you might need to perform a master reset and clear the cache partition. Both of these resets clear various areas of the phone’s memory. Wiping the cache partition, unlike a master reset, does not remove your personal data, which is great.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Connect your phone to your computer
- Turn off the device.
- Keep these two keys pressed: Volume Up + Power Key
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power Key.
- To access the Recovery Mode menu, use the volume buttons.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition with the power button.
- Allow the system cache partition to clear before proceeding.
- To return to regular device operation, select the Reboot option.
It’s usually a good idea to erase the system cache partition on your Android following a successful system update for all Android devices that still use the system cache for applying system updates.
This ensures that your system updates never use files or data that are no longer valid. Wiping the system cache partition has no negative consequences. By now your phone should be buttery smooth.
If you found this helpful, share this tip with a friend!